Breezers In Your Neighborhood
Southern Breeze is kicking up some dust!
Breezers In Your Neighborhood is a monthly post to list where you can find our authors & illustrators as they are out in the community. Come out and support your local members and invite others to do also!
- Name: Cathy Hall Agent Question Date: May 7, 2016 Place: Five Forks Branch, Gwinnett Public Library Time: 1-3 pm Description: Are you ready for an agent? Come find out the answers to all of your questions when literary agent, Sally Apokedak, joins us for a discussion on the whys, hows, and whens of agenting. Bring your query or the first 250 words of your children's picture book, middle grade, or young adult novel for feedback. Contact: Local Liaison Cathy Hall at email@example.com
- NAME: Children's Book Week Story Time: IF YOU ARE A KAKA, YOU EAT DOO DOO with Illustrator Sara Lynn Cramb DATE: TIME: PLACE: Avid Bookshop ADDRESS: 493 Prince Ave, Athens, GA 30601 DESCRIPTION: Avid Bookshop presents Sara Lynn Cramb in celebration of the book she illustrated, If You Are a Kaka, You Eat Doo Doo, on . This event is at the usual story time of There is no admission charge.
Great Learning Experience for Kids Ages 5-9!
• Kids will learn about the many ways animals use poop to survive during a book reading that is equal parts fun and gross
• A poop drawing demo will follow storytime, where Sara will teach kids to draw different kinds of animal poop
• Get your very own copy of If You Are a Kaka, You Eat Doo Doo signed by Sara, she may even draw a bit of poo for you too!
- Charis After Hours - Young Adult and Middle Grade Writers MixerJoin us on at Charis Books & More in Little Five Points for a drinks and dessert writers’ mixer. This is an excellent opportunity to meet and build relationships with other writers in our area, meet a critique partner or join a writing group. Multiple published authors will attend, so bring all your questions. This event is a drinks and dessert potluck, so please bring a beverage (alcoholic or not) or a dessert, or a cheese and fruit plate to share. The evening will be hosted by Aisha Saeed, Katie M. Stout, Marie Marquardt and Mayra Cuevas. Please RSVP here.
- Name: TeMika Date: May 21, 2016 Time: 12 pm - 2 pm Description: Create Your Own Coloring Book Class http://www.meetup.com/
Upcoming November Events...
~DEADLINE FOR JUNE EVENTS IS MAY 27TH~
:::Leave a Comment:::
Let us know if you plan to attend an event.
What other events do you know of not listed?
Is there another regular post you would like to see?
Leave us your thoughts!
Don't miss one post! SIGN UP for email notifications over here --->
Feel free to COMMENT and then SHARE this post across your social media. Help spread the word about Southern Breeze! Easy buttons found below.