Southern Breeze is kicking up some dust!
Breezers In Your Neighborhood is a monthly post to list where you can find our authors & illustrators as they are out in the community. Come out and support your local members and invite others to do also!
- NAME: Heather L. MontgomeryDATE: May 2, 2015PLACE: Athens-Limestone Public Library (Alabama)ADDRESS: 603 S. Jefferson St.,CITY/STATE: Athens, AL 35611DESCRIPTION OF EVENT: Local Author Fest. The brand new Athens-Limestone County Public Library is celebrating local authors! There will be panels of authors presenting, books to buy, and discussions. Several Breezers will be participating - come join us!
- NAME: Ramey Channell
DATE: May 3rd
PLACE: Mer Faire, an arts and literature festival
DESCRIPTION: Author book signing
- NAME: Nell Branum
DATE: May 11th
DESCRIPTION: SCBWI Smooze for Birmingham area. Nell and her 92-year-old mother will be talking about the books they have self-published, one of which just won a Gold Medal in the Benjamin Franklin Awards Young Reader Nonfiction category.
For those interested in attending, please contact Irene Latham (liaison) at email@example.com for directions.
- NAME: Aileen Kilgore HendersonDATE: May 16, 2015PLACE: Cahaba Lily Center TIME: 8:00 amADDRESS: Main StreetCITY: West BloctonDESCRIPTION OF EVENT: ANNUAL CAHABA LILY FESTIVAL. I will be signing books with Charles Adams all day. At 3:30 p.m. I'll be telling stories. James Day will be another author there. Larry Davenport will speak. Guided tours of the restored coke ovens and to the river to see the lilies. Lunch is free provided by the ladies of West Blocton.
- Name: Patricia Cruzan
Date: Saturday, May 2, 2015
Place: Peachtree City Library
Address: 201 Willow Bend Drive
City/State: Peachtree City, GA
Description: Book Signing
- Name: Writer's Workshop, "Do You Know Who Your Audience Is?"Date:
Saturday, May 2, 1 until 3 PMPlace: Five Forks LibraryAddress: 2780 Five Forks Trickum Rd.City: LawrencevilleDescription: Join best-selling kidlit authors, Vicky Alvear Shecter and Laurel Snyder as they share the differences between YA and Middle Grade stories. And if you've attended our workshops before, you know we work on those first pages, so bring your MG or YA first page for feedback (as time allows).
- Name: Trisha SlayDate: 5/7/15 (Thursday)Place: Lumpkin County LibraryTime: 5:00 - 7:00 pmAddress: 342 Courthouse HillCity/State: Dahlonega, GA 30533Description of Event: Reading & Book Signing as part of the North Georgia Authors Guild
UPCOMING JUNE EVENTS...GEORGIA
- Author Speed Dating event
If you are interested, contact Jodi Wheeler: firstname.lastname@example.org
~DEADLINE FOR JUNE EVENTS IS MAY 30TH~
:::Leave a Comment:::
Let us know if you plan to attend an event.
What other events do you know of not listed?
Is there another regular post you would like to see?Leave us your thoughts!
Don't miss one post! SIGN UP for email notifications over here --->
Feel free to COMMENT and then SHARE this post across your social media. Help spread the word about Southern Breeze! Easy buttons found below.