Monday, January 29, 2018

EVERYONE A WINNER AT WIK'18: Book Launches!

Book launchers at SM'17!
One of my favorite jobs as PAL Coordinator is introducing the book launchers!

I love listening to each author or illustrator tell their story of publication. To hear how hard work paid off, how SCBWI helped make a dream come true, how the littlest seed of an idea can grow into a great, big book!

It's so exciting, not to mention, inspiring! So if you have a newly released book, I hope you'll take advantage of this opportunity to inspire us! It's free for attendees, but you do need to sign up by the deadline (30 days prior to the conference). Look for more information about book launches (and book sales) on the registration page under Optional Activities. And then join us for the exciting moment when you get to share your journey! (And don't forget--you also get to hold that Southern Breeze kite in your hand!)

P.S. This year, I won't be introducing the book launchers at wik'18 because now, I'm the Co-Assistant Regional Advisor. So say hello to your new PAL Coordinator, Heather L. Montgomery!

Hello Everyone!

I’m excited to serve the region as the PAL Coordinator. I’ll never have Cathy’s pizzaz, but I’ll do my
best. I’ll steer the ship, but I’ll need you – published and pre-published Breezers alike – to provide the breeze.

Your ideas on what works. Your suggestions on what doesn’t work. Your energy for new initiatives. That’s what will carry us all smoothly across the high seas of the kidlit industry. Looking forward to this grand new adventure!


Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment