Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Making It Happen With Mentorship!

Southern Breeze is one of a handful of regions that offers mentorship to its members, and this year's mentorship program has just wound down. Breezer Lori Choi qualified for mentorship and chose Jo Kittinger to help her with her book. We asked Lori to share a few words about her experience:


I had been working on a book with my husband for over a year, but was in dire need of a professional review. Then I applied for the SCBWI Mentorship Program and was accepted. My mentor, Jo, provided clear, concise feedback that could be immediately implemented. She also helped me think more critically about my target audience, pointing out things that weren’t even on my radar. With each new round of revisions, I gained practical insights for evaluating my own writing. It was awesome to work with someone so experienced and knowledgeable about the industry! Her warm, encouraging spirit was an added bonus. I still have so much to learn, but because of the SCBWI Mentorship, I definitely feel better equipped as a writer.  ~ Lori Choi


Thanks, Lori! We're keeping our fingers crossed for you and your manuscript!

The mentorship program kicks off in the spring, so if you're interested in this program, start working on your words. Attend Springmingle in March and polish up those words. Then keep an eye out here and on the Southern Breeze website for our slate of mentors and the opening of the mentorship program in 2019. We want our members to soar to success, and thanks to our many mentors like Jo Kittinger, we can give you the tools to make it happen!




No comments:

Post a Comment